Gravity and Cantilever Wall Analysis Program.
GWALL analyses a wide range of retaining wall problems
including gravity walls and cantilever walls with a base.
GWALL carries out two types of analysis within the one program:
- Limit equilibrium analysis for calculating factors of safety against sliding and overturning.
- Calculation of bending moments and shear forces in the stem and base (including the effect of earth pressures due to compaction).
Up to 20 soil strata may be defined. For each stratum the following parameters may be specified:
- Friction angle and cohesion
- Earth pressure due to compaction
- Earth pressure coefficients
The program will, if desired, calculate earth pressure coefficients from values of soil friction, wall friction, batter angle and backfill angle given by the user.